I want to migrate my database from AIX to Red Hat vai exp/imp.
how to prevent clients make any update to my database during the migration progress ?
From the command line
- from the command line enter lsnrctl and then stop (stops the listener, only connections from the server possible)
- connect to sqlplus as sysdba
- shutdown immediate ( makes sure all sessions are terminated)
- startup restrict (only allows users with dba privilege to log on)
- as Mindaugas Riauba mentions disable all jobs likely to change data during the export
- export your data
- alter system disable restricted session
- back to command line enter lsnrctl and start
Or you could simply lock the account used by your user
ALTER USER username ACCOUNT LOCK;