I have a instance of MySQL in a local server. To improve the performance, I put a SSD just for MySQL.
Now I need migrate the MySQL instance, with my databse (a data has 25GB) for the SSD.
What the best way to do that?
I thinked in export the data and after reinstall the MySQL in SSD and import the data again. But how is a big database, I will have a large downtime.
Are there a another way?
For linux (as root user)
- Stop mysql service through systemctl
- rsync or cp -a the whole of /var/lib/mysql to your preferred destination.
- mv /var/lib/mysql /var/lib/mysql-old
- edit mysql configuration file and change datadir= under mysqld
- Start mysql service through systemctl.