I have a .mdb file on my computer that I would like to convert into a MySQL Schema and I have found that there is a migration tool within Workbench. However it doesn’t seem to allow you to connect to a .mdb instead it looks for a server. How should I either link to my file or host my file easily as I have not done this before.
You can use MySQL Workbench to connect and migrate your schema/data from MS Access to mySQL.
First you need to configure an ODBC Data Source:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools.
- In the Administrative Tools dialog box, double-click Data Sources (ODBC). The ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box appears.
- Click User DSN, System DSN, or File DSN, depending on the type of data source you want to add. Click Add.
- Select the driver that you want to use, and then click Finish or Next.
- Follow the instructions and enter the required connection information in any dialog boxes that follow.
Back on MySQL Workbench: Use the menu
Database > Migrate and select the ODBC data source you’ve created to use as source for your job.
As a supplement the response @marcelo-rodrigo, you can use Workbench or another tool but you will need to export table relations too (Workbench and other tools doesn’t exports relations)
I write a code to extract all table relations from MS-Access database as SQL and run it on MySQL after export. Link to Code at Github Gist.