SYSTEM tablespace grew out of control because of the
We have truncated
SYS.AUD$ but the datafile is still very big (~30G).
Resize doesn’t work because the file contains used data beyond requested
What should I do here?
Here’s our version information:
- Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 18.104.22.168.0 – 64bit Production
- PL/SQL Release 22.214.171.124.0 – Production
- CORE 126.96.36.199.0 Production
- TNS for 64-bit Windows: Version 188.8.131.52.0 – Production
- NLSRTL Version 184.108.40.206.0 – Production
Query the DBA_EXTENTS view to see what objects are present towards the end of the data files. It is possible that they are not system objects, or are system objects which can be safely modified so that they are towards the beginning of the files.
However I suspect that you have a big problem here — you may be looking at creating a new database and moving all your user objects to that.
You can use segment advisor in Enterprise Manager and same can be done using PLSQL also. You can find a detailed guide in link given below:-