I have run the below code:
execute sp_configure 'external scripts enabled';
and it is giving me the output as:
name minimum maximum config_value run_value external scripts enabled 0 1 1 1
I have also started the launchpad services, still when I am running the below code:
exec sp_execute_external_script @language =N'R', @script=N'OutputDataSet<-InputDataSet', @input_data_1 =N'select 1+1 as SUMOutput' with result sets (([SUM Output] int not null)); go
It is throwing the error:
Msg 39011, Level 16, State 1, Line 7 SQL Server was unable to
communicate with the LaunchPad service. Please verify the
configuration of the service. Msg 11536, Level 16, State 1, Line 7
EXECUTE statement failed because its WITH RESULT SETS clause specified
1 result set(s), but the statement only sent 0 result set(s) at run
I had the same issue and I solved it by installing the Service Pack on top of the media installed R.
I think it is a related to install an old version of LaunchPad on an already updated SQL Server.
As per this Q&A
- My sql install was a semi-updated SP1.
- My media was a stock SP1.
- I installed R, wouldn’t work (Restarted, same)
- LaunchPad wouldn’t start (Restarted, same)
- Made sure the SQL user account was part of the R group
- LauchPad would start but R wouldn’t work. (Restarted, same)
- Updated to SP2 (Restarted)
- R worked.
- Updated to SP2 CU4 (Restarted)
- R worked.
My testing script
EXEC sp_execute_external_script @language =N'R', @script=N'OutputDataSet<-InputDataSet', @input_data_1 =N'SELECT 1 AS hello' WITH RESULT SETS (([Hello World] INT)); GO