I tried to install sql server 2017 on windows server 2019 but the following error appeared to me:
There is a Problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this installation to complete could not be run. Contact you support personnel or package vendor.
Here are the solutions that I have tried that did not work!
- Update Windows
- Uninstall then reinstall SQL Server 2017
- Completely change installable “another SQL Server 2017, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2019”.
- I tried to install the English version
- I checked the administrator permissions on the file
c:/windows/utilisateur/appdata/local/temp, it has total control.
- I checked the administrator permissions on registry
editor/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/CurrentControlSet/services/msiserver/security, it has total control.
- I copied the file dll (
sqlncli11.dll) into syswow64 and system32.
- I also checked the system files with the command sfc/scannow to see if there are any corrupt files.
- And when I install I always run as administrator.
Even I had the same issue and tried all the steps but it didn’t work. I followed the below link and it worked for me.